What's up with /usr/src/usr.bin/alias?

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at queasyweasel.com
Wed Mar 3 01:13:28 PST 2004

On Mar 3, 2004, at 1:05 AM, Mark Valentine wrote:

> What exactly is the test suite testing?  SUSv3 has this to say in an
> informative section:
>
>     "The jobs utility does not work as expected when it is operating
>     in its own utility execution environment because that environment
>     has no applicable jobs to manipulate. See the APPLICATION USAGE
>     section for bg . For this reason, jobs is generally implemented
>     as a shell regular built-in."
>
> So it looks like the examples you tried conform just fine.
>
> There are similar paragraphs for cd and so on.

Hmmm!   That's interesting...  We may have something misconfigured in
the conformance test suite which is causing it to flag these.  I hadn't
read that "informative section" before, but clearly I need to go back
and do more research into this.  Perhaps we're just missing a
DONTBESOANAL environment variable setting.  I'll look into this some
more, thanks.

--
Jordan K. Hubbard
Engineering Manager, BSD technology group