Keep named going after upgrade to 10-stable

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sun Oct 20 12:41:59 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 02:33:56PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Stefan Bethke, and lo! it spake thus:

> First, after make installworld, your 9-stable /usr/sbin/named is
> still there, so your current configuration will continue to work
> without issue. Only when you make delete-old will the old binaries
> be removed.

Note that delete-old also includes the named.root file (fetch -m
http://www.internic.net/domain/named.root) and the empty and
localhost-{forward,reverse} .db files the existing named.conf
references, so "upgrade ; delete-old ; install port" with the existing
conf file won't actually start.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net