Strange 'hangs' with RELENG_9

László Károlyi laszlo at karolyi.hu
Thu Jan 19 21:48:01 UTC 2012

On 2012.01.19., at 22:36, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> on 19/01/2012 23:24 László Károlyi said the following:
>> On 2012.01.19., at 21:03, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>
>>> László, can you please try changing kern.timecounter.hardware to TSC-low or
>>> ACPI-fast?
>>
>> No result, the machine still does hang :( Tried all options.
>
> While you are there, can you try changing the eventtimer choice instead?  E.g.
> to LAPIC.

Looks like this solved the hang problem. No system hang in the last 10 minutes. Shall i make a sysctl.conf entry to change this value by default, or what do you suggest?

I'll do a reboot now, to see if there will be a kernel panic at reboot, I compiled the kernel now with all the debug options. When it panicks, I'll post another screenshot of the console, this time a bigger one, as I managed to change the resolution of the console.

--
László Károlyi
http://linkedin.com/in/karolyi