www/Apache22 fails to build when configured for LDAP and AUTHNZ_LDAP

Shaun Meyer meyersh at morningside.edu
Wed Nov 30 17:13:16 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have already built apache22 successfully on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3
amd64. I realized that I wanted authnz_ldap which wasn't turned on by
default so I went into www/apache22 and did the following:

# make clean
# make config
# make showconfig | grep LDAP
     LDAP=on "Enable mod_ldap"
     AUTHNZ_LDAP=on "Enable mod_authnz_ldap"
# make

LDAP and AUTHNZ_LDAP are the only adjusted knobs from the defaults.

The operative build error is "mod_authnz_ldap.c:41:2: error: #error
mod_authnz_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP support built  in. To
fix add --with-ldap to ./configure."

I have also tried removing and cleaning for the apr package. I see no
other apache-related files installed and all this has been done
against the latest, greatest ports collection using `portsnap`.

This symptoms are identical to
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=124651 except, obviously,
they have fixed that cause.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,