Next ZFSv28 patchset ready for testing.

Christopher J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Fri Jan 14 22:18:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:14:18 +0000
Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> On 14/01/2011 17:19, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to test Martin Matuskas patch for ZFS v28 against
> > stable. Can I patch against any stable (like stable of today) or
> > does it necessarily need to be the stable-tree of the date
> > specified in the patch-file?
> >
> > If the latter should be true, how do I obtain a stable tree of any
> > given date?
> >
> > Thanks for any help, kind regards,
>
> You can generally patch against a version more recent than when the
> patch was released, up to a point.  If there are commits to any of the
> files touched by the patch after the patch date, then the patch may
> not apply properly, or the result may not work correctly.

[...]
> To obtain a copy of the stable sources as of a specific date, depends
> on how you're getting the sources.
>
>    csup(1) or cvsup(1) has a date parameter which you can add to your
>    sup-file.  See csup(1).

Thank you for your help. Pulling RELENG_8 from a specific date (18th
Dec) worked just fine, as well as patching, machine is compiling now.
Nothing more to do now, so I will check back after breakfast tomorrow
morning. I am hoping this will also fix my geli issue on boot ...

Cheers,
--
Christopher
TZ GMT + 1