Next ZFSv28 patchset ready for testing.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 21:14:38 UTC 2011

On 14/01/2011 17:19, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to test Martin Matuskas patch for ZFS v28 against stable.
> Can I patch against any stable (like stable of today) or does it
> necessarily need to be the stable-tree of the date specified in the
> patch-file?
>
> If the latter should be true, how do I obtain a stable tree of any
> given date?
>
> Thanks for any help, kind regards,

You can generally patch against a version more recent than when the
patch was released, up to a point.  If there are commits to any of the
files touched by the patch after the patch date, then the patch may not
apply properly, or the result may not work correctly.

However, in this case Martin generally produces an updated patch-set
within a fairly short amount of time.

To obtain a copy of the stable sources as of a specific date, depends on
how you're getting the sources.

   csup(1) or cvsup(1) has a date parameter which you can add to your
   sup-file.  See csup(1).

   svn has a number of options for checking out previous revisions.
   Either work out the revision corresponding to the date you want, or
   give the date like so:

       svn co -r '{ 2010-01-14 }'

	Cheers,

	Matthew