How to bind a static ether address to bridge?

Zhihao Yuan lichray at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 07:18:47 UTC 2011

My server is behind a DHCP-enabled router, and it has two network
interfaces, wlan0 and bge0. I want to use them together, so I bind
them, plus tap0 to bridge0. But bridge has a random MAC address for
each time it was created, which makes me hard to reserve an IP for it
(since I need to forward some ports to this server). So I set
net.link.bridge.inherit_mac=1, which makes bridge0 to use bge0's MAC
address, always. But this causes another problem: the packets sent to
bridge0 is also sent to bge0, -- the packets are duplicated! The
kernel have to drop half of them. So how can I bind a distinct MAC
address to a bridge?

--
Zhihao Yuan