ZFS and Storage Systems

Michal michal at sharescope.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 15:03:10 UTC 2010

>  It would be even better to simply ask them what exact Supermicro
>  hardware (specifically, model numbers) they're using to build these
>  systems.  You can see Supermicro mentioned in the<title>   of their site,
>  so that's definitely what they're using, even down to the controller
>  card offerings (some of which (Marvell) are known to behave oddly on
>  FreeBSD (yes there are success stories, but there are also follow-up
>  horror stories) -- consider yourself warned).

I think the best option is to just build it your self using similar
components which I have looked at before. My ideal is build a system
where you can extend the storage easily by adding another box instead of
either replacing the HDD's with bigger HDD's or having multiple targets
for the data. One target whose storage can be expanded by simply adding
another box. However, that is harder in practice to work out