Multiple zdevs in the root zpool?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 21:35:50 UTC 2010

On 07/10/2010 21:28:30, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 07/10/2010 13:45 Matthew Seaman said the following:
>> However, according to my understanding, if you want to boot from a
>> zpool, you can only have one vdev in that pool.
>>
>> But what exactly does this mean?
>
> Yes, exactly, what does that mean? :)
> Where did your understanding come from?

It was from reading posts like this:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2010-January/211677.html

Plus the comments in
cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/libzfs/common/libzfs_pool.c and
sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_ioctl.c  (grep for
the words 'root pool')

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3