Kernel/World Upgrade causes Hang

Troy troy at twisted.net
Mon Dec 27 22:59:57 UTC 2010

I recently rebuilt the world and kernel and everything built just fine
and when I went to boot into the new kernel, it hangs. I had to revert
back to my previous kernel.

Currently I'm running:
FreeBSD server.domain.net 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #1: Sat Jan 23
20:44:06 CST 2010 root at server.domain.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/server amd64

When it hangs upon boot-up it simply stops here. I don't know how I can
figure out what is causing the root of the hang. I'd really like to get
this machine upgraded.

Ppc0 cannot reserve I/O port range
PowerNow0 <Cool ‘N’ Quiet K8> on cpu0
Device_attach: PowerNow0 attach return 6
PowerNow0 <Cool ‘N’ Quiet K8> on cpu1
Device_attach: PowerNow0 attach return 6
PowerNow1 <Cool ‘N’ Quiet K8> on cpu0
Device_attach: PowerNow0 attach return 6
PowerNow1 <Cool ‘N’ Quiet K8> on cpu1
Device_attach: PowerNow0 attach return 6
Time Counters Tick every 1.000 msec
<<<hang>>>

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Troy