Accidentally aborted upgrade via freebsd-update - how to recover?

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Tue Dec 28 04:23:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 01:40:26AM +0100, Damien Fleuriot wrote:

> On 12/27/10 11:58 PM, Clifton Royston wrote:
> >
> >   OK, and oh well...  I wish there were some way to automate the diffing
> > out of the $FreeBSD lines.  I suppose those might be the artifact of
> > some previous upgrade, so that the file version present is not the one
> > expected for FreeBSD 6.1.
> >
> >   -- Clifton
> >

> Wait, do you mean like, mergemaster -F ?
>
> Excerpt from the manual:
>      -F          If the files differ only by VCS Id ($FreeBSD) install
> the new file.

  So *is* freebsd-update invoking mergemaster?  There wasn't anything
in its man page indicating that, or indicating how to pass flags to it
if it is.  My assumption was that it wasn't, because it doesn't show the
usual mergemaster 4 options with each file (new, delete new, merge
old/new, or defer to later.)

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net