atheros broadcast/multicast corruption with multiple hostap's

Maciej Milewski milu at dat.pl
Mon Dec 13 12:38:19 UTC 2010

Hi Adrian,
I've found the chipsets you were asking - those cards are pretty popular as
far as I can see on many wireless forums.

> > I have only 11agb radios though:
> Which chipsets are they?
> >    NL-5354MP + Aries2
It looks that it's
miniPCI Atheros 5213, Senao NL-5354MP Plus Aries2
[1]
> >   5004 MP Atheros 4G / CM9
Atheros AR5004 4th generation chipset.
AR5213 (MAC+BB) + AR5112 (2.4/5GHz radio)
more info [2]
> What I'd really like to do is write up a set of testing procedures for
> doing things to the ath driver - in station, hostap and adhoc modes -
> so I can test my local 11n+refactored HAL against it. If you've got a
> working setup then I'd like to try and get that documented and
> reproducable, complete with a set of tests for each to try and ensure
> that as much stuff works as possible.
That would be very nice to have it in one place to follow in case of any
suspected problems.

> I'd also like to make sure that the AR5416 HAL as shipped in FreeBSD
> behaves the same way as the AR5210,AR5211,AR5212 HALs as well. I only
> have an AR5213 card here; the rest of mine are 11n (AR5416, AR9160,
> AR9280.)

> I don't know if I'm going to be able to get all of this into
> 9.0-RELEASE but I'd like to try. The atheros 11n chipsets are
> everywhere now; I'd like to both support the legacy stuff and the new
> stuff with all the features fully working. :-) Right now I haven't any
> idea about what works and what doesn't.
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian
[1] http://www.seattlewireless.net/ClientAdapters/802.11g