Fwd: Re: Fail to use Dtrace on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE

Zhihao Yuan lichray at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 22:23:04 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> wrote:

> on 04/12/2010 04:28 Zhihao Yuan said the following:
> > My world and kernel are sync. Is it possible that the dtrace-enabled
> kernel must
> > be compiled with '-g'?
>
> It shouldn't be a requirement.  But please try.

HAHAHAHA!  It matters.... Not KBD, not DDB, only the DEBUG=-g option. It
seems like DTrace requires the symbols inside a kernel/program. Well, now my
DTrace works perfectly, and the examples on the wiki also work. The next
step is to try to use it to trace my program. SDT may help. I need to learn
more. Thanks guys...

--
Zhihao Yuan