Installing Cacti from Ports

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 18:47:56 UTC 2009

> As part of the "freebsd-update" process I did run a few portupgrade
> commands.  But I thought portupgrade only did whatever it does to installed
> ports.  Or are you saying it upgraded the xcb port which allowed Cacti to
> build to completion?
>
> Also, off topic I know, but what is the proper way to reply to this?
>  Reply?  Reply to all?  Or reply just to the mailing list?

freebsd-update and portupgrade are different.  freebsd-update updates core
compoments, portupgrade deals with apps installed via the ports tree.  xcb
is part of ports.

I usually do reply to all although a few don't like it but it's generally
more convenient.  Also please do not top post.

http://catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html
--
Adam Vande More