USB critically broken under RELENG_7 on amd64

Bruce Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 25 11:45:57 UTC 2009

Bruce Simpson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since jhb@ committed the fixes for ULi SATA, I updated my kernel+world
> on my amd64 desktop machine. So far so good. I updated again Tuesday.

If I revert to the kernel I built from RELENG_7 on June 10th, all is fine.

I saw no changes in SVN to the stable/7/sys/dev/usb directory in that
time which looked as though they could obviously break USB in such a
complete way.

Has anyone else seen this issue? It seems fairly critical as a number of
folk may not be able to upgrade to FreeBSD 8.0 right away.

thanks,
BMS