USB critically broken under RELENG_7 on amd64

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Jun 25 11:34:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

Since jhb@ committed the fixes for ULi SATA, I updated my kernel+world
on my amd64 desktop machine. So far so good. I updated again Tuesday.

Unfortunately I am now seeing USB warnings during boot:

    uhub1: device problem (TIMEOUT), disabling port 1

I get messages like this for any and all attempts to attach USB devices.

...It works just fine in Windows XP, and worked just fine in RELENG_7
before. What's going on?  it doesn't appear to be a repeat of the HAL /
libpciaccess saga from February as it happens from boot.

This is an ALi OHCI + EHCI controller, fwiw. usbdevs -v spews a lot of
'addr 0 should never happen!'.

Could this be an interrupt handling bug of some kind?

cheers,
BMS