/boot/loader and RELENG_7 (WAS: gptzfsboot and RELENG_7)

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:05:31 UTC 2009

Ah, so there is still a (small) piece of 8-CURRENT needed to have a
working 7-STABLE zfs boot configuration? I am getting really confused
now, if I add LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT=yes to my /etc/make.conf, the
RELENG_7 system will be built with zfs boot support, but I still need
the actual /boot/loader from 8-CURRENT? Is that getting MFC'ed into
into RELENG_7 anytime soon?

Where are all make.conf options documented by the way? Neither
/usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf nor "man make.conf" make any
reference to the LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT option.

- Dan Naumov