iwn driver on 7.1 [no vaps in RELENG_7]

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Mon Jan 19 19:04:28 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 20:38 -0500, Damian Gerow wrote:
> Sam Leffler wrote:
> : OTOH iwn is now out of date and someone needs to update it.  There's
> : newer firmware that is supposed to fix many of the bugs I hit when I
> : worked on the driver (and Intel refused to acknowledge) and obsd has
> : added support for newer parts that people want.  It'd be great if
> : someone wanted to take over this driver.
>
> I've been working on this driver for the past few weeks (Christmas provided
> a healthy distraction), but it's a steep learning curve for a novice C
> coder.  If anyone wants to work on this, let me know, as I have a small
> portion of the work already done.
>
>   - Damian

I'm willing to work on it (doing so now), but from what you have said
here it sounds like you're in the same boat as myself as I'm very new to
this too :)

What about collaboration between us with a Freebsd core team mentor? Is
this possible? Code, test, then send the new code through the core team
member for approval as well as hints to get the job done?