Driver for Intel 10GbE adapter

Greg Rivers gcr+freebsd-stable at tharned.org
Wed Feb 11 17:16:56 PST 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Kip Macy wrote:

> see ixgbe(4)

I saw ixgbe in the source tree and would have tried it, but I found that
no kernel module is built for ixgbe on RELENG_7.  Neither is the device
listed even as a comment in any stock config file.  This and the lack of a
manual page led me to believe it wasn't available.

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, pluknet wrote:

> BTW I'm afraid ixgbe manpage still to be merged to 7.

It may be that more than just the man page remains to be merged.  When I
add "device ixgbe" to the GENERIC config and try to build a new kernel I
get:

In file included from /usr/src/sys/dev/ixgbe/ixgbe.c:39:
/usr/src/sys/dev/ixgbe/ixgbe.h:87:21: error: tcp_lro.h: No such file or
directory
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

Is there any hope of seeing ixgbe fully merged into RELENG_7 soon, or is
my best bet to switch to CURRENT?  Thank you all for your help.

--
Greg Rivers