portmaster not ask for port deletion

Marc Olzheim zlo at zlo.nu
Mon Aug 24 15:26:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:03:40PM -0300, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
> hail,
>
> portmaster is great, but this is keeping me from using it.I want to fire a
> portmaster -af and let it there until its done. for every package it asks
> this. is ther any way to make it not ask ? delete and go ahead ?
>
> thanks,
>
> matheus
>
> ps:unless this is what portmaster's man calls backup package (and I'm not
> sure it is) I found no way to do this in the man

     While recursing through the dependencies, if a port is marked IS_INTERAC-
     TIVE this will be flagged.  In the absence of this notification, under
     normal circumstances the only user interaction required after the port
     starts building is to answer questions about the deletion of stale dist-
     files.  This can be eliminated with the -d or -D options.

use -d to auto-delete, or -D for keeping the distfiles.

Zlo