Upcoming Releases Schedule...

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:07:39 UTC 2008

On September 19, 2008 09:41 pm Gary Palmer wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 07:38:32PM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
> >  Without input from the current release team extending the support
> > schedule is not possible.
>
> Inquiry - is release team the constraint?
>
> Or to put it another way, what to you is "support" in terms of
> FreeBSD releases?
>
> As far as I am aware, if you stick on a RELENG_X_Y_Z_RELEASE tag

RELENG_X_Y_Z_RELEASE never changes.  That tag gives you the same bits that
are on the FreeBSD X.Y.Z install CD.

RELENG_X_Y is the security branch for FreeBSD X.Y.  This branch gets the
security updates, and the occasional major bug fix.

RELENG_X is the -STABLE development branch for FreeBSD X.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com