Weird priority for normal

Unga unga888 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 01:52:32 PST 2008

Hi all

I'm using FreeBSD RELENG_7 on i386 and noted with rtprio(2) the priority for root and other normal users is "normal priority" with 65504 as the priority value (rtp.prio).

Please note, this is not the latest RELENG_7, my system is compiled somewhere on May.

I checked the program flow from /usr/src/usr.bin/su/su.c to /usr/src/lib/libutil/login_class.c and found setusercontext() is setting the priority right but the moment it come out from the setusercontext() call in su.c, the priority has already turn to 65504.

It looks like this is a bug. I had a quite thorough look but did not see any error. I'm not sure by now is it been fixed. Do others experience it?

Best regards
Unga