Buildworld Fails RELENG_7

Dave Uhring duhring at charter.net
Mon May 19 18:21:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:04:28AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:58:07AM -0500, Dave Uhring wrote:
> >
> > I have repeately nuked /usr/obj.  That is not going to put updated header files
> > where they need to be.
>
> It's apparent you don't quite understand.  The "updated header files"
> reside in /usr/src, and ***remain there*** until installworld is done.

That is as it should be.

> The buildworld process will include the "updated header files", trumping
> most of those which are in /usr/include.

Does not happen.  The header files included were those from /usr/include/sys,
not /usr/src/sys/sys.  The errors would not have occurred if the header files
in /usr/src/sys/sys were being referenced by <sys/header.h>

In any case, that problem has been solved by putting the updated header files
in /usr/include/sys and will be properly fixed when I can finally make installworld.

> > Remember I'm starting from a RELEASE userland.  This is just about as bad as
> > jumping from one full release to the next :(
>
> Okay, so you installed 7.0-RELEASE on a machine.  Did you choose to
> install src from the CD/DVD when installing?  (If so, you will need to
> "adopt" the version you installed to the current version, see the cvsup
> FAQ here: http://www.cvsup.org/faq.html#caniadopt -- and you'll need to
> do this for ports if you installed the ports tree off the CD/DVD as
> well)
>
> If you csup'd, what tag did you use?  RELENG_7?  I'm assuming so.  Did
> you use src-all, or are you using a custom supfile?  We use
> /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile.

Whatever tag was in /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile.  In fact it is:

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_7