kqemu support: not compiled

bazzoola bazzoola at gmail.com
Tue May 13 05:33:36 UTC 2008

Thanks for your quick reply I appreciate that! Please see below:

On May 13, 2008, at 12:51 AM, Bakul Shah wrote:

>>> echo kqemu_enable=YES >> /etc/rc.conf
>>> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/kqemu start
>
> This should probably be described in pkg-message.
It is not there.

>> I looked at the rc script and all it does is kldload aio and kqemu. I
>> already have them loaded by default.
>
> You didn't provide information so I had to guess.
My problem lies in qemu not being compiled with kqemu

>> This still does not help me with my problem.
>>
>> I press Ctrl + Alt + 2
>> then I type info kqemu
>> I get "kqemu support: not compiled"
>
> Are you running qemu? It is an i386 emulator and won't use
> kqemu on amd64.  You need to run qemu-system-x86_64.  I know,
> this is a bit confusing.
I thought qemu on x64 runs that directly. My bad..

Note I had to run qemu-system-x86_64 -kernel-kqemu
to get kernel mode virtz to work otherwise it will just load it in
user mode.

Thanks again for your help!