kqemu support: not compiled

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Tue May 13 05:11:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, 13 May 2008 00:18:32 EDT bazzoola <bazzoola at gmail.com>  wrote:

> On May 12, 2008, at 10:20 PM, Bakul Shah wrote:
>
> >> I just cant get kqemu to work on my AMD64 SMP!
> >
> > echo kqemu_enable=YES >> /etc/rc.conf
> > /usr/local/etc/rc.d/kqemu start

This should probably be described in pkg-message.

> I looked at the rc script and all it does is kldload aio and kqemu. I
> already have them loaded by default.

You didn't provide information so I had to guess.

> This still does not help me with my problem.
>
> I press Ctrl + Alt + 2
> then I type info kqemu
> I get "kqemu support: not compiled"

Are you running qemu? It is an i386 emulator and won't use
kqemu on amd64.  You need to run qemu-system-x86_64.  I know,
this is a bit confusing.

If you are still having problems provide the *exact sequence*
of commands you used to build and run qemu.  BTW, to build
you don't need to muck with environ. var. or -DWITH_KQEMU.
Just do

make config && make