challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 8 00:12:00 UTC 2008

Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
>>> I'd said nearly a dozen times that the issues I have aren't
>>> specifics.  I am questioning the overall policy for EoL here.
>>
>> Your concerns have been noted. You seem unwilling or unable to accept
>> the explanation that no matter what you think about the situation, we
>> don't have the resources to support 6.2.
>
> I haven't been given an explanation.   I was given that bare statement.
> An explanation might help me understand where I can help improve the
> situation.

The only message in this thread that you have NOT responded to was the
one where I answered these questions for you (again) in simple terms.
The people that do the work of supporting branches do not have the
time to support 6.2. You're not going to get another answer because
there isn't one.

It's clear from you rhetorical style that you are uninterested in
anything in the vicinity of a constructive conversation, so this is my
last response to you.

Doug