RELENG_7 jerky mouse and skipping sound (still a problem -BETA3)

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 11 05:57:10 PST 2008

Anish Mistry wrote:
> On Friday 04 January 2008, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> Kris Kennaway wrote:

>>> OK, can you obtain a schedgraph trace when the problem is
>>> manifesting? See /usr/src/tools/sched/ and previous discussion in
>>> this or related threads.
>> Anyone?  Time is rapidly running out to get this fixed in time for
>> 7.0-RELEASE, so we need this trace ASAP.
> http://am-productions.biz/docs/ktr.out.gz
>
> Is there a way to export the graph once I'm looking in it in
> schedgraph.py?

The above trace does not show any compiler activity.  What was the
process that was interfering with X performance in your case?

You also have a CPU load of up to 17, which is rather high.  I am not
sure it is reasonable to expect your machine to stay perfectly
responsive while it is under that kind of load.

Kris