Documentation of NO_* knobs

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 27 17:18:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 05:32:55PM +0100, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> is there an exhaustive list of all possible NO_* knobs
> for make.conf? While experimenting with NanoBSD I found
> e.g. that the handbook
> - just two out of many. Yet, these are not in the manpage of
> make.conf(5) on a 6.3-RELEASE. So, where did the handbook
> author find them?

I think you're looking for all the WITHOUT knobs in src.conf(5).

Starting with RELENG_7, all of the NO knobs for removal of features in
the base system were moved into /etc/src.conf and renamed to WITHOUT.
Some may also have changed names, so look closely.

Note that src.conf(5) does not apply to RELENG_6 or earlier, where the
knobs are named NO_xxx.  You can get a list of those from
/usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf.

Hope this helps.