packet loss with re(4)

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Mon Feb 25 13:06:40 UTC 2008

> Unfortunately 7-stable does not have latest fixes for re(4).
> For 7-stable or 7.0-RELEASE use the following files.
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/7.0R/if_re.c
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/7.0R/if_rlreg.h

Ah, thats is very interesting - I have an identical motherboard to
Tor, and am also having if_re problems (kernel panics under heavy
network load). Are these files suitable to be used on a "production"
box ? - it's not precisely productin, but it if extremely difficult
to get physical access to (almost impossible in fact), so I am a
little wary of compiling a kernel and hitting reboot :-)

I wish I had a duplicate system here to test these things on, but
unfortuantely I don't :-( Tor, are you using these files on your system
under 7.0? do they work nicely for you?.

cheers,

-pete.