Burning DVD with files>4GB from console

Bartosz Stec admin at kkip.pl
Thu Dec 4 01:48:57 PST 2008

My backup script split filesystem dumps to files with size of 4,37 GB (4
588 544 kB). It's just an optimal size to fill out DVDs. At this moment
I have to burn them from windows via smb-link becuase I didn't manage to
do this task from FreeBSD console due to 2GB/4GB filesize restrictions
(growisofs). I'm using freeware CDBurnerXP to burn my backups
(ISO9660/UDF/Joliet), and they mount without problems on my FreeBSD BOX,
files are fully readable too. However, burning gigabytes of data via
slow (about 3.5MB/s) SMB network is just annoing. Is there *any* way to
burn DVDs with files>4GB from FreeBSD console?

cheers!

--
Bartosz Stec