Possible ZFS patch, please test!

Henri Hennebert hlh at restart.be
Sat Aug 30 07:07:50 UTC 2008

John Baldwin wrote:
> On Friday 29 August 2008 03:57:46 am Henri Hennebert wrote:
>> Henri Hennebert wrote:

>>> It works for me with the root on zfs
>>>
>> While rebuilding the ports index with `portsdb -Uu` the system become
>> really sluggish with cpu running more than 60% in system...
>>
>> Something really strange here.
>
> Can you try removing the 'KDTRACE_*' options from your kernel config file?  It
> appears that they haven't been enabled in 8.x by default yet.

I try, but with the wold of 7.1-PRERELEASE I got

cc: Internal error: Segmentation fault: 11 (program ld)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MORZINE.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

So I get /usr/bin/cc /usr/bin/ld /usr/libexec/cc* from a previous
7.0-STABLE and try it again... with a lot of cpu-system... >80% on a
dual core.

Anyway - I reboot the new kernel without KDTRACE_HOOKS and DDB_CTF.

After reboot, system cpu is always very high and system not responsive.

Henri