Possible ZFS patch, please test!

John Birrell jb at what-creek.com
Sat Aug 30 08:19:44 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 09:07:15AM +0200, Henri Hennebert wrote:
> I try, but with the wold of 7.1-PRERELEASE I got
>
> cc: Internal error: Segmentation fault: 11 (program ld)
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> *** Error code 1

Henri, please delete the entire contents of your obj directory to
remove the bad tools that have been built there.

When you run 'make buildkernel' it will use the tools from the last
buildworld rather than the installed ones.

For anyone experiencing this problem, you can do a 'make installworld'
with STRIP= as long as you can boot to single user and mount your file
systems.

The problem is occurring when static binaries are installed with the default
option to strip the binaries. It seems that the strip program doesn't like
the presence of the CTF ELF section.

I believe that the buildworld that you have is OK, even when built with the
CTF data.... it's the installworld when things go bad.

Do you need me to send you any files to recover from this problem?

--
John Birrell