Open-vm-tools port available for testing

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Sat Apr 19 06:17:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:32:22PM -0700, harshl wrote:

> I am an not great with BSD, how can I install this port without X?
> Sorry if this is easy but I don't really understand what I am seeing in the
> Makefile.

There are several ways to do this. The easiest way is to just set
WITHOUT_X11 in your environment: "setenv WITHOUT_X11 YES" when you use
csh or "WITHOUT_X11=YES; export WITHOUT_X11" in a bourne shell.

Another way would be a line in /etc/make.conf: WITHOUT_X11=YES

I personally use /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portconf for this, because it
let's me configure these knobs seperately for each port and works fine
with portmaster, portupgrade and manual port-installations.

bye,
Uwe