USB loses devices

Tore Lund tl32 at next.online.no
Mon Apr 7 19:46:48 UTC 2008

Martin wrote:
> [snip]
> Anyone else with USB problems here?

I had problems getting a USB printer recognized during boot.  This does
not much resemble your problem, but I also got this message:

> uhub6: device problem (TIMEOUT) ...

Before asking for help, I decided to try to vary the BIOS settings.
It turned out that setting USB Legacy Support to Disabled solved the
problem.  But I have no idea whether this can cause problems in other
connections.  I have an ASUS M2A-VM motherboard.  I run 7.0-RELEASE.

Just wanted to mention it in case BIOS settings might be the reason for
someone else's USB problems.
--
    Tore