usb stick problem

Zoran Kolic zkolic at sbb.co.yu
Sun Oct 14 00:21:03 PDT 2007

Howdy!
I encountered something minor to usual problems,
people have on this list, but it makes me nervous.
I bought brand new usb flash stick and used it to
solve the issue on handheld. After putting files
on it, I have them in format 8.3. The option to
mount -t was msdosfs. It should bring me long file
names, but it does not. Mu stupid question would
be: did I chose wrong file system? Or is this usb
drive preformatted in something strange like fat16?
This manner surprised me so much, that I did not
believed my eyes. 6.2 on amd64.
Best regards

                              Zoran