mysql frequently crash on 6.2

Mark Saad msaad at datapipe.com
Thu May 17 21:30:21 UTC 2007

Hello
        In general This is what I use for my libmap.conf , it works fine
for me any you may want to give it a try.

  [mysqld]
  libpthread.so libthr.so
  libpthread.so.2 libthr.so.2

Note nothing in MySQL 4.1 compiled on FreeBSD 6.2 should use libc_r.so .
The other thing in your libmap that looks odd is the line  "libthr.so.2
libthr.so.2"  not sure what that will do.

 > In any event, my libmap.conf settings are now [located in
/etc/libmap.conf]:

 > [mysqld]
 > libc_r.so libthr.so
 > libc_r.so.6 libthr.so.2
 > libthr.so.2 libthr.so.2
 > libpthread.so libthr.so
 > libpthread.so.2 libthr.so.2

One thing I normally turn off in MySQL is the query_cache . If your DB
is constantly receiving updates the query_cache is flushed to with each
update. This creates alot of useless overhead, in fact if set it very
high like to 1G or so you will see some nasty side effects of how MySQL
tries to flush the cache.

As for you log you may want to move that in to the "[mysqld]" section of
the config. In this setup I beleive that mysqlhotcopy would be the only
mysql* command using that directive.

table_cache should not be greater the amount of tables your databases
have .

read_rnd_buffer_size = 524288 looks way to high your key_buffer_size is
only 32M  Maybe you want to lower this to 64M of even leave it undefined
to see what the default does for you.

--
Mark Saad