clock too slow - big time offset with ntpdate

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 16:45:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 04:04 +0200, Martin Dieringer wrote:

> the hiccups have reappeared, so they are not related to powerd.
>
> I still have 0.5 seconds time offsets after 10 minutes, on the
> thinkpad, without powerd...
>
> m.

I think the two effects (losing time, sound hiccups) are unrelated. I
believe that the processor speed changes affect the sound (although it
doesn't on my centrino duo), and an old/low charge BIOS battery is
causing the time discrepancies.

Of course, locating/replacing a BIOS battery may be a bit tricky on a
laptop.

Cheers

Tom