gmirror Issues

Brian A. Seklecki bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com
Mon Mar 26 03:53:59 UTC 2007

> The major thing that needs doing is a detailed explanation of how to
> take two brand new disk drives and mirror them.

You're right.  This is a tutorial.

> Nothing in the
> documentation discusses this.

The in-tree documentation explains the syntax of the admin commands and
the technical aspects of the subsystem.

> Do you have to create file systems on the
> drives first?

No you use the raw devices.

>  Do you have to use fdisk to slice them up?

You can do that.  It is not required.

> Is there a size limit on drives?

The size limit would be file-system related; not gmirror.  You're pretty
safe into the terabytes with UFS2

> I am trying to mirror two 400G drives, is this
> supported?

Sure, follow the RSE link you were sent.

> There is no information anywhere that I can find about these
> topics.

Always search the mailing list archives.