Problem with portupgrade

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sat Mar 3 19:26:03 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 March 2007 10:07, vistua at sdf.lonestar.org wrote:
> > On 2007-Mar-03 10:12:53 +1100, Phillip Ledger
> >
> > <phillip at philderbeast.com> wrote:
> > >Even after a complete reinstall of the toll and rebuildig the
> > >database its still giving the same error. anyumore ideas?
> >
> > Exactly what have you re-installed?
> > What versions of ruby* and portupgrade do you have?
> > Have you compared your /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf with the sample
> > version?
>
> I have the exact same problem. I rebuilt INDEX-6, rebuilt INDEX-6.db
> and rebuilt portupgrade, to the latest version. I have ruby 1.8.4.
>
> I have published my pkgtools.conf to
> http://www.vistua.com/public/pkgtools.conf the only changes I made
> from default, was to ignore language categories I do not speak. And
> to instruct that packages only be used for Openoffice.

These messages usually popup when you have a problem with ruby and the
database setup. Something is inconsistant with that setup. Also, I
don't know if your pkgtools.conf ignore will affect the building of the
INDEX-*. If you ignore anything, you usually have to fetch an INDEX-*
because you can't build a proper INDEX.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart