gjournal patch

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Mon Feb 12 10:29:54 UTC 2007

Václav Haisman wrote:
> Hi,
> yesterday, I tried to build kernel and world with the gjournal patch. It
> does not apply cleanly. This brings me to question, are there some
> outstanding issues that prevent it from being commited to RELENG_6? I
> tried to search ml archives but I did not find any.
>
> --
> Vaclav Haisman

I run it on a 6.2-release server, no problems as yet but its only been a
month. The original ptach broke back in november see
[http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-November/030803.html]

However because of
[http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/sys/vnode.h.diff?r1=1.304.2.7&r2=1.304.2.8&f=h]

This doesnt quite apply cleanly but very close to and its easy to
manually do the minor diff manually

basically add the line
#define       VV_DELETED      0x0400  /*      should  be     removed */

After
#define       VV_MD           0x0800  /* vnode backs the md device */

No other issues I'm aware of but i'm not following -STABLE on that box
any more.

Vince