Server motherboard recommendation wanted

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Dec 13 12:01:04 PST 2007

> We have great success using the Tyan Thunder K8SD-Pro (S2882-D)
> motherboard.  It is a dual socket 940 motherboard that supports AMD
> Opteron 200-series CPU (including dual-core), 16 GB ECC DDR400 RAM, with
> 2 64-bit/133 MHz PCI-X slots, 2 64-bit/100 MHz PCI-X slots, and 1
> 32-bit/33 MHz PCI slot.  Comes with onboard SATA and (optional) SCSI
> controllers.

I can second this - I bought one after a recopmmendation on this
list for a dual core Opteron board to replace a rather flaky MSI.
It has performed magnificently, and is comletel stable, plus being
well supported by FreBSD 9amd64 in my case). I run Adaptec SCSI
controllers, and the onboard NIC's are good quality as well.
definitely recommended.

-pcf.