When will the new BCE driver in HEAD be incorporated into RELENG_6?

Ruben van Staveren ruben at verweg.com
Thu Oct 26 10:19:09 UTC 2006

On 26 Oct 2006, at 1:21, Sam Baskinger wrote:

> Adding to the excitement, our band of attack squirrels haven't been
> able
> to bring down our 2950 yet with this one. We are using the if_bce.c
> from
> the HEAD w/ a small chunk about vlans commented out (for any
> wondering).
>
> We're trying outbound UDP_STREAM tests w/ netperf of big and small
> payloads to a machine on the same 100Mb switch. Nothing fancy, but
> what
> we could once crash in seconds now hangs tough till the end of the
> test.

Also adding,

It survived multiple buildworld runs over NFS v3 udp hard mounts
while inserting a 11gb compressed mysql dump over NFS into the
database running on local disks. Both machines involved for the
buildworld are 2950's running 6.2-PRERELEASE, identically configured.
source for the mysqldump is a NetApp F810c, all connections over gig
ethernet.

this is with r 1.2.2.6 of if_bce.c

- Ruben