6.1-R ? 6-Stable ? 5.5-R ?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Jun 29 18:08:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 01:57:13PM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> And this is why I have been trying to someone to PAY him/her to help us.

OK, sorry, I had not picked this up from the thread, which I had mostly
just been scanning.  My apologies.

> Should I contact the FreeBSD foundation for this?

You can ask, but the Foundation AFAICT isn't really set up for something
like this.  They are mostly looking at funding new initiatives, again,
from what I can tell.

Currently there's no "right" way to do this.  I'd like to see someone set
up a "marketplace" for things like this but I don't have time to do it
myself (plus, I would participate -- a definite conflict of interest).

In the meantime you can try posting to freebsd-jobs@ and/or look through
the list of FreeBSD Consulting Service Providers at
http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/consult_bycat.html.  It also references
http://berklix.com/~jhs/consultants/, but I don't know if that is up-to-date.

Finally, I'd happily take on the job myself, but I'd be lying if I said I
knew anything about the problem at hand :-)

Good luck.

mcl