6.1-R ? 6-Stable ? 5.5-R ?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Jun 29 17:57:16 UTC 2006

Mark Linimon writes:

> It's not easily possible for a FreeBSD developer to put these kinds of
> stresses on a machine, so we rely on our users to help us with these
> problems.

And this is why I have been trying to someone to PAY him/her to help us.

I have been trying to find if anyone that works with the NFS code in FreeBSD
would have time to work with us on a consulting bases to get the NFS client
in 6 fixed.

As for the vmstat problem with that machine.. the same.. if someone was
willing to help us track down what in 6.X .. or even our settings.. is
causing this heavy load  we would definitely be willing to pay.

Should I contact the FreeBSD foundation for this?
In particular the NFS client is a killer problem for us. Anyone can
recommend who to talk to? Should I be writing to the filesystem list?
I am not sure how much of a problem the nfs server side is, but the client
in the whole 6.X line has been problematic for us.