Postfix and faststart

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 7 22:06:04 PST 2006

Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Marcus Alves Grando wrote:
>> Doug,
>>
>> I will add your rcNG script in mail/postfix*

Excellent!

> I think the port should also depend on a database server, if it has been
> compiled with one or any other of the supported configuration options.
> I'm not sure if this can be dynamically generated based on ports
> configuration though.

If you look at misc/compat5x you can see how I made some elements of the
script conditional. It also helps to read the information about SUB-FILES in
bsd.port.mk. It's actually quite a flexible system. I'll be glad to help
with any questions, or send mail to freebsd-rc at .

> P.S. I actually have a busy mail server on 5.4 where postfix starts
> first and all lookups are done via mysql, so i get a bunch of errors in
> the logs before mysql starts.

Well this sounds like a timely change then. :)

Doug