Postfix and faststart

Neo neo at timp.be
Sat Jan 7 09:32:42 PST 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 12:05:08PM -0200, Carlos Fernando Assis Paniago wrote:
> Hi: after the last cvsup, my FreeBSD 6.0, i386 is not capable to start
> postfix. I'm using the link in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postfix.sh to
> start the postfix program. Looking in the code, I saw that we need to
> change this in a file in /usr/local/etc/postfix/postfix-script to have
> the "faststart" flag.. Someone else find this problem?
>
> --
> Paniago
>
> --
> Carlos F. A. Paniago			pan at cnptia.embrapa.br
> http://www.cnptia.embrapa.br/		Fone: +55 (19) 3789-5815

Hello,

You have probably merged the mailer.conf when you have done a new world.
Look at /etc/mail/mailer.conf if its look like the following lines.

#
# Execute the Postfix sendmail program, named /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
#
sendmail        /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
send-mail       /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
mailq   /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
newaliases      /usr/local/sbin/sendmail

By the way, my postfix is started at boot in using rc.conf

This starts sendmail with the -bd flag who launch postfix
sendmail_enable="YES"
sendmail_flags="-bd"

These lines disables others sendmail daemons
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"

If you want to start postfix after to be log in, just use "postfix start"

I hope that help you.

Sincerely yours,

Ulrich Blondel