Postfix and faststart

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 7 11:54:32 PST 2006

Carlos Fernando Assis Paniago wrote:
> Hi: after the last cvsup, my FreeBSD 6.0, i386 is not capable to start
> postfix. I'm using the link in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postfix.sh to
> start the postfix program. Looking in the code, I saw that we need to
> change this in a file in /usr/local/etc/postfix/postfix-script to have
> the "faststart" flag.. Someone else find this problem?

The way that it is suggested to start postfix in the pkg-message (by placing
a link to /usr/local/sbin/postfix in /usr/local/etc/rc.d) is no longer valid
with the new rc.d code in -stable. I've attached a script that works for me
to start and stop postfix. Please remove the symlink you have in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d now, and put this script in its place. Make sure that
the script is executable (chmod 755 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postfix.sh), then
'echo postfix_enable=yes >> /etc/rc.conf.local' and reboot. Then please let
us know for sure that this worked for you.

If the maintainer would like help including this in the port, I'd be glad to
do so. If you want to create the update yourself, take a look at
ports/misc/compat5x to see how to integrate this, or I'd be glad to work on
it with you.

hth,

Doug