AMD Mobile Athlon 64 VERY slow on 6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT

Gianmarco Giovannelli freebsd at gimbo.org
Wed Feb 15 12:17:49 PST 2006

At 16.54 14/02/2006, Miguel Ramos wrote:

 >> Check with vmstat -i to see if you have an interrupt storm of
 >> some sort.
 >>
 >> 	David.
 >
 >Very good sugestion, thank you, that is obviously it and it didn't cross
 >my mind.
 >
 >It is on irq11 (devices cbb0, cardbus and ohci0++, whatever ++ is).
 >53000 interrupts per second... That might just slow down even an Athlon
 >64.
 >I'm going to disable cardbus first and then ohci. Isn't there a specific
 >command to keep an interrupt source quiet?

Also I have the same problem with 6.0-stable and 6.1-pre on a intel
centrino HP dv1000.
Interrupt storm on irq11 and cbb0. I have to remove from kernel to
let the laptop work.

Any idea why it happens ? Bogus hardware ?

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://utenti.gufi.org/~gmarco/