AMD Mobile Athlon 64 VERY slow on 6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT

Miguel Ramos miguel at anjos.strangled.net
Tue Feb 14 07:54:54 PST 2006

Ter, 2006-02-14 às 13:16 +0000, David Malone escreveu:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 01:00:40PM +0000, Miguel Ramos wrote:
> >         Any sugestions?
>
> Check with vmstat -i to see if you have an interrupt storm of
> some sort.
>
> 	David.

Very good sugestion, thank you, that is obviously it and it didn't cross
my mind.

It is on irq11 (devices cbb0, cardbus and ohci0++, whatever ++ is).
53000 interrupts per second... That might just slow down even an Athlon
64.
I'm going to disable cardbus first and then ohci. Isn't there a specific
command to keep an interrupt source quiet?

This should have crossed my mind. When I was a kid, in DOS days, I once
increased the clock tick rate on DOS with similar effects.

Good thing that witches don't exist. Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere
causas.

Miguel