6.0 hangs at boot on Toshiba laptop

Olivier Boudeville olivier.boudeville at online.fr
Mon Apr 3 19:59:56 UTC 2006

Hello,

well I finally gave up trying to install FreeBSD on my Toshiba, after
numerous unsuccessful attempts, despite careful changes in the settings,
as I mentioned in :
http://osdl.sourceforge.net/OSDL/OSDL-0.3/src/doc/web/main/documentation/misc/Toshiba.html#freebsd

 I however tried to install the 6.0 stable on a Dell Inspiron 8100, and
it worked out of the box.

Whether the issue comes from ACPI or PCI, maybe the FreeBSD team could
poke at the Linux kernel sources to find how to support "awkward"
laptop, exotic BIOS and so on...

Cheers,

Olivier.